Assistant Manager, Risk Adjustment Coding
- Meritas Health
- Coding and Denial
- Full Time
- Req #: 2858-1664
Meritas Health is currently seeking an Assistant Manager of Risk Adjustment Coding to join our growing team! This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the primary care coding team with a strong focus on risk adjustment coding. Focus will be on staff relations, training and education, customer service and financial management.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma; associates degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in medical coding and reimbursement
- CPC required; CRC strongly preferred
- Knowledge of health care industry and current federal/state regulations governing billing practices
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Supervising the HCC coding team and reviewing procedures, HCPCS and diagnosis coding for accuracy
- Collaborating with and education practice leadership to assist in identification of clinical best practices to ensure diagnoses are captured in accordance with CMS Risk Adjustment coding guidelines.
- Coordinating with payers to provide education and reporting to the HCC team.
- Assisting with provider audits to include collection of information and reporting.
- Participates in talent life cycle management including recruiting, hiring, mentoring, engagement, retention, performance management and time keeping.
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.