Medical Assistant (Certified/Registered)
- Meritas Health
- MH Gashland
- Allied Health
- Mon-Fri, 7:30am-5pm
- Full Time
- Req #: 3372-2134
Meritas Health is hiring a Certified Medical Assistant to join our Gashland team in the Northland! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing organization, join our Meritas team!
Here at Meritas our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are serving patients at a primary care practice, specialty practice, or in a support capacity, every team member works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a family that is committed to serving our community and giving patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA)
- Employer match retirement plan
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off for personal/vacation/sick
- Six paid holidays per year
- Educational assistance
- Day shift schedules
As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will provide patient care under the direction of a physician, nurse practitioner, or other non-physician provider.
- Competently assists providers to maximize patient volume, administers medications, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and returns patient calls in a timely manner.
- Ensures effective patient communication and efficient patient flow. Documents patient care accurately and timely. Performs EMR tasks correctly and timely. Processes patient referrals timely and follows up to ensure the specialist report or test result is received.
- Follows all regulatory and patient safety clinical standards.
- Works and communicates effectively with all providers. Promotes teamwork. Provides great customer service in person and on the telephone.
- Demonstrates professionalism by articulating and demonstrating professional behavior, accepting responsibility and accountability for actions, adhering to policies and procedures, demonstrating leadership and supporting Meritas initiatives.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a physician’s office setting
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Basic Life Support certification through American Heart Association
- Basic office skills
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.