Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
- Meritas Health
- MH Cardiology
- Mon-Fri, 7am-5:30pm, 4x10hr shifts, varied day off
- Full Time
- Req #: 3523-2270
Meritas Health is hiring a Nurse Practitioner to join our Cardiology team in the Northland! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing organization, join our Meritas team!
Here at Meritas our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are serving patients at a primary care practice, specialty practice, or in a support capacity, every team member works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a family that is committed to serving our community and giving patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA)
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off for personal/vacation/sick
- Six paid holidays per year
- CME allowance and paid time off for CME attendance
- Paid Malpractice
Under the general direction of a collaborating physician, the advanced practice provider will deliver direct care to patients in a high-volume clinical setting. The position develops, implements, and evaluates a program of specialized health care for a select patient population with cardiac conditions. The position will provide direct care and education of patients while promoting a collaborative relationship among various health care professionals toward continuity of patient care and efficient use of resources.
- Works collaboratively with supervising physicians on prescribed cardiac guidelines, consultation, mentorship and best practices to consistently provide quality patient care and maximize patient volume.
- Consults with physician appropriately regarding patient care issues and concerns. Obtains appropriate consultations or referrals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of etiologies, risk factors, pathophysiology, presentation and epidemiology of medical conditions and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice to provide quality patient care.
- Competently assesses, diagnoses and treats all patients with an emphasis on the cardiac aspect of patient care.
- Develops with the patient, caregivers and patient care team, a mutually acceptable cost-aware plan of care that maximizes health potential.
- Formulates a cardiac treatment plan which includes ordering diagnostic tests, selecting appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, identifying educational needs of the patient and family, developing a patient education plan and formulating a discharge/follow-up plan of care.
- Demonstrates productivity and initiative by organizing patient care, delegating to appropriate staff, prioritizing workload and seeking opportunities to improve clinical processes and staff/patient education.
- Maintains accurate, complete, concise, and timely documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Provides subject matter expertise on cardiovascular disease and serves as a contact for all clinical staff to discuss patient care questions and provides feedback that will allow for the best patient outcomes.
- Master’s degree in nursing and maintain board/association certification
- Licensed by the state of Missouri as an Advance Practice Registered Nurse
- 2 years’ experience as an APP in Cardiology clinic setting
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Basic office skills
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.