Advanced Practice Provider- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Meritas Health
- MH Cardiothoracic Surgery Clinic
- Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
- Full Time
- Req #: 3533-2280
Looking for better work life balance? Meritas Health, a subsidiary of North Kansas City Hospital, is seeking an experienced Cardiac Advanced Practice Practitioner to join successful cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery program that has been serving the community for 40+ years. Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in cardiothoracic surgery. Specific training requirements include endoscopic vein harvesting. Must have excellent communication skills and a professional, courteous demeanor toward colleagues. Board certification and Missouri license is required.
All services are provided at North Kansas City Hospital, 451-bed, level 2 trauma center with 20,000 admissions and 68,000 emergency room visits annually. Dedicated CV ICU with 12 beds adjacent to cardiothoracic surgery suite. Fully-integrated EMR is Cerner. Magnet-designation. Comprehensive Cardiac Center certification through TJC Comprehensive with Missouri level one STEMI center providing 24/7 STEMI coverage. Practice location is on the hospital campus making surgery, rounds and clinic efficient. Two APRNs also on the team providing clinic care and assisting with ICU rounds.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA)
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off for personal/vacation/sick
- Six paid holidays per year
- Educational assistance
- Day shift schedules
- CME allowance
Under the direction of physicians, the Advanced Practice Practitioner provides comprehensive care to patients, such as assessments, specimen collection, and consultation services including education on preoperative and postoperative care. In collaboration with the health care team the Advanced Practice Provider will provide continuity of care to patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting to achieve optimal outcomes and a sense of stability to the patient during a traumatic time. Continually assists surgeon to maximize patient volume and acts a liaison by monitoring and communicating with high-risk patients, formulates treatment and education plans for the patient as directed by the physician.
- Performs the professional, clinical and technical competencies of a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the Surgery, Critical Care, Progressive Care and Clinic settings.
- Able to evaluate medical problems and appropriately request consultations to other specialties when indicated, and create appropriate treatment plans for the patient.
- Provides education to patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- prescribes and monitors medications appropriate to the diagnosis.
- Physician Assistant functions in an expanded practice role may be able to first assist in the operating room and participates in shared rotation of night and weekend call, in collaboration with the physician on call.
- Masters Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nurse Practitioner and a maintained board/association certification
- Licensed by the State of Missouri as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- At least 2 years experience as an Advanced Practice Provider in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association (AHA) required
- High level of autonomy, first assistant skills, procedural skills, complex wound care
- Proficiency with electronic health records and database management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.