Clin Informatics Nurse
- North Kansas City Hospital
- IT APPS & INFORMATICS SERVICES
- Req #: 13975-9641
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of Clinical Informatics Supervisor and ITS Applications & Informatics Director, is responsible for the development and day to day operations of the Electronic Medical Record and processes. Provides proactive management of complex applications in a highly integrated environment. In addition to performing day-to-day clinical application support responsibilities, this position serves in a consultative role for customers; working with end-users to design efficient workflows that make the most of available automation. The clinical informatics nurse is responsible for running customer facing Change Advisory Boards (CABs), Change Control and for maintaining knowledge of their customer’s workflows to ensure advocacy and engagement.
1. Education Bachelor’s degree (required)
2. Licensure: Current Registered Nurse (RN) License State of Missouri
3. Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience with computer applications. Minimum of 2-5 years nursing experience specific to Clinical Informatics Nurse’s position. Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record software applications preferred.
4. Certifications: ITIL certification strongly preferred, will be required within 12 months of employment.
5. Special Skills: Strong nursing and computer skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Self-directed. Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
6. Other: Conflict Management/Negotiation skills, Quality Improvement Methodologies. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to speak effectively in groups and interact professionally in a variety of settings