Certified Coder - CPC
- Meritas Health
- Coding and Denial
- Full Time
- Req #: 2243-1102
Meritas Health has a need for a Certified Coder to join our (Blank) team! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing team, join our Meritas family where there is more for you!Meritas Health has a need for a Certified Coder to join our Central Services/Coding team! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing team, join our Meritas family where there is more for you!
Here at Meritas, as part of the coding team, you will have the opportunity to focus solely on coding processes. Your daily mission would be to review medical records for the correct ICD/CPT codes, posting charges and having meaningful communication with the practice team.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Great Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employer match retirement plan
- Review procedures, HCPCS, and diagnosis coding for accuracy.
- Assigns proper codes based upon medical record documentation.
- Works with denials team and central billing office to resolve claims denials, and billing issues.
- Posts charges accurately and timely.
- Work with providers to ensure coding accuracy.
- Knowledge of risk adjustment processes and coding is a plus, but not required.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must possess a current AAPC certification
- Minimum 1 years’ of experience in physician coding and billing
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and medical terminology
- Proficient computer skills