This job posting is no longer active.
Meritas Health is looking for a full-time CRNA to join our Anesthesiology team! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing team, join our Meritas family where there is more for you!
Here at Meritas, our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are treating patients at a primary care or specialty clinic, every employee works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a family that is committed to serving our community and giving our patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Great benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Generous retirement plan
Under the direction of an anesthesiologist, the CRNA will provide Monitored Anesthesia Care, Regional, and General Anesthesia, while holding independent professional responsibility as an advanced practice nurse. CRNAs also participate in monitoring quality of anesthesia care and contribute to the quality management program.
- Reviews anesthesia informed consent and pre-anesthesia evaluation, including laboratory and diagnostic studies. Collaborates with the anesthesiologist on the plan of care to provide the most appropriate and safest anesthesia for each patient.
- Administers adequate depth of anesthesia and vigilantly monitors the patient throughout surgery and procedures. Observes and records all objective and subjective data in the electronic record. Recognizes and takes appropriate corrective action to patient responses in consultation with the anesthesiologist during the intra-operative phase. Assists and performs necessary invasive procedures.
- Implements orders and considerations specified by the anesthesiologist. Reports to PACU RN necessary information and hands off care. Evaluates effectiveness and complications of anesthesia by performing post-operative rounds.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities. Complies with policies and procedures. Efficiently performs all aspects of patient care in an environment optimizing patient safety and reducing the likelihood of errors. Advocates for patient during perioperative phase.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia
- Active Missouri Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists License.
- Minimum of one (1) year critical care nursing experience.
- Certified by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), Basic Life Support (BLS), and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional patient-centered care mentality.
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.