Bariatric Program Coordinator
- Meritas Health
- Total Weight Loss Center
- 8 -5
- Full Time
- Req #: 2571-1394
Meritas Health is hiring a Coordinator, Bariatric Program to join our Total Weight Loss Center team in the Northland! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing organization, join our Meritas team!
Here at Meritas our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are serving patients at a primary care practice, specialty practice, or in a support capacity, every team member works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a family that is committed to serving our community and giving patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA)
- Employer match retirement plan
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off for personal/vacation/sick
- Six paid holidays per year
- Educational assistance
- Day shift schedules
Under the direction of the Practice Administrator, and in collaboration with physicians and advanced practice providers, the Bariatric Program Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) including timely and accurate data entry. The position is also responsible for providing education to staff and patients, as well as administering nursing care to patients while promoting and maintaining quality service and program outcomes.
- Manages Accreditation criteria to ensure clinic and NKCH program meets expectations set forth by governing agencies and any Centers of Excellence. Maintains and ensures compliance of all policies and procedures that guide and support the assigned services. These include, but are not limited to any federal and state regulations, MBSAQIP standards, and any Centers of Excellence standards.
- Leads appropriate teams and committees to facilitate standardization of best practices and collaboration among team members.
- Coordinates and facilitates patient flow, communication, and information flow between inpatient to outpatient care settings as needed.
- Develops, maintains and updates all required documents for regulatory and /or accreditation bodies such as MBSAQIP. Ensures that all mandated measures are collected and submitted in a timely basis and prepares for site visits.
- Provides patient triage and administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient’s care plan in coordination with the physician or Nurse Practitioner.
- Ensures effective staff education, including orientation, focused education, and reinforcement education, to achieve performance outcomes for leading best practice and safe care.
- Serves as a resource to staff for regulatory standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association
- 5+ years experience in the clinical field
- 3+ years experience in bariatrics, preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates professionalism through all interactions
- Excellent customer service skills
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.