Decision Support Financial Analyst
- North Kansas City Hospital
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE& ADV SVC
- Professional-Non Clinical
- Req #: 17854-13213
SUMMARY: The role of the Decision Support Financial Analyst is to provide key analytical support to operational leaders to ensure attainment of hospital goals and objectives and to foster an environment of financial accountability. They utilize their financial and business processes and technical system's expertise to discover significant trends in hospital business lines, develop forecasts of the impact of those trends, and deliver actionable information to hospital leaders to ensure an optimal response to those trends. This includes participating in the budgeting process, preparing proformas and other financial analysis, productivity management, and performing monthly cost accounting calculation for service line reporting. This position reports to the Business Intelligence Director. The incumbent also shares responsibility for maintaining the decision support system and using its capabilities to deliver actionable information to operational leaders.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an analytical or financial role.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving and project management.
- Experience in data collection, data analysis and project management using computer software required.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills. Ability to build strong relationships across multiple functional groups is crucial for success.
- Advanced skills in Excel spreadsheet software required.
- Experience with budgeting, financial modeling or cost accounting software and relational databases strongly preferred.
- Medical terminology, medical coding or other knowledge/training in healthcare industry preferred.
- A key component of the position includes building the necessary relationships with operational leaders to gain an understanding of the business and data challenges faced by the operational leaders and suggesting areas to improve. Furthermore, they must review business processes to make recommendations and implement the solutions.
- Position allows telecommuting.
EDUCATION: Required: Bachelors - Accounting or Finance related