- Meritas Health
- MH Anesthesiology
- Full Time
- Req #: 2816-1623
Meritas Health is hiring a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) to join our Anesthesiology team in the Northland! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing organization, join our Meritas team!
Here at Meritas our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are serving patients at a primary care practice, specialty practice, or in a support capacity, every team member works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a family that is committed to serving our community and giving patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA)
- Generous retirement plan
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off for personal/vacation/sick
- Six paid holidays per year
- CME allowance
Under the supervision of an anesthesiologist, the CRNA will provide Monitored Anesthesia Care, Regional, and General Anesthesia, while holding independent professional responsibility as an advanced practice nurse. CRNAs also participate in monitoring quality of anesthesia care and contribute to the quality management program.
- Reviews anesthesia informed consent and pre-anesthesia evaluation, including laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Collaborates with the anesthesiologist on the plan of care to provide the most appropriate and safest anesthesia for each patient.
- Administers adequate depth of anesthesia and vigilantly monitors the patient throughout surgery and procedures.
- Observes and records all objective and subjective data in the electronic record.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate corrective action to patient responses in consultation with the anesthesiologist during the intra-operative phase.
- Assists and performs necessary invasive procedures.
- Implements orders and considerations specified by the anesthesiologist.
- Reports to PACU RN necessary information and hands off care.
- Evaluates effectiveness and complications of anesthesia by performing post-operative rounds.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Complies with policies and procedures.
- Efficiently performs all aspects of patient care in an environment optimizing patient safety and reducing the likelihood of errors.
- Advocates for patient during perioperative phase.
- Performs all other non-clinical duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia
- Active Missouri Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist License
- Minimum of one (1) year critical care nursing experience
- Certified by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional patient-centered care mentality.
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.