Medical Assistant (Certified/Registered)
- Meritas Health
- Pavilion for Women
- Allied Health
- 8:30 - 5:00
- Full Time - Regular
- Req #: 2627-1447
Meritas Health has a need for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our Pavilion for Women team! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing team, join our Meritas team where there is more for you!
Here at Meritas, our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are treating patients at a primary care or specialty clinic, every employee works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a team that is committed to serving our community and giving our patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Great benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability)
- Employer matched retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Educational assistance
- Employee referral program
- Day shifts
As a CMA, you'll be working side-by-by with a physician or nurse practitioner to provide compassionate care to our patients, making a difference in their lives. This person will rotating and working with all providers in the practice.
- Accompanies patients to exam rooms and prepares them for the provider visit by obtaining history as well as measuring and recording basic vital signs, heights, and weights
- Creates and/or reconciles an accurate list of current medications and drug allergies
- Updates immunization records and administers vaccinations
- Initiates patient care by following approved standing orders based on the patient history and presenting symptoms
- Assists provider with minor procedures
- Provides patient education as directed by the provider
- Reviews the plan of care with patient after the provider visit and ensures that patients have all the information/material they need prior to departing (i.e. medication samples, patient handouts, prescriptions)
- Documents relevant information regarding the patient visit in the EMR
- Prepares and keeps exam rooms stocked and clean and in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Communicates with front office staff and other ancillary departments to ensure timely patient flow
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in the healthcare field
- Medical assistant certification
- Current BLS certification
- Basic office skills
As the largest network of healthcare providers in the Northland we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas team, where your voice counts.
Competitive compensation and benefit package. EOE: Post Offer Drug Screen.