Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry
- Meritas Health
- MH Psychiatry
- Mon-Thur, 7:30am-6pm
- Full Time
- Req #: 3482-2232
Meritas Health is hiring a Nurse Practitioner to join our Psychiatry team in the Northland! If you’re looking for a great opportunity to serve our community and be part of a growing organization, join our Meritas team!
Here at Meritas our mission is to provide hope and healing to every life we touch. Whether you are serving patients at a primary care practice, specialty practice, or in a support capacity, every team member works together to complete this mission. Joining Meritas means you are joining a family that is committed to serving our community and giving patients better quality of life.
Reasons to Join Meritas:
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA)
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off for personal/vacation/sick
- Six paid holidays per year
- CMA allowance and paid time off for CME attendance
- Paid Malpractice
Under the general direction of collaborating physicians, the advance practice provider (APP) coordinates treatment plans with outpatient counseling services to provide psychiatric services to adult and youth clients with behavioral health issues. Provides patient assessment and diagnosis, formulates treatment plans, prescribes medications, orders laboratory tests, interprets test results, provides patient education, and refers patients for inpatient care when necessary.
- Works autonomously providing psychiatric services to patients including outpatient psychiatric evaluations and medication management services.
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats adults and adolescents experiencing symptoms of behavioral health disorders. Orders laboratory or diagnostic tests to provide information on general physical condition and mental health disorders.
- Counsels clients during appointments as necessary. Refers patients for inpatient care, in collaboration with the psychiatrist, as necessary.
- Develops with the patient, caregivers and patient care team, a mutually acceptable cost-aware plan of care that maximizes health potential.
- Formulates a treatment plan which includes ordering diagnostic tests, selecting appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, identifying educational needs of the patient and family, developing a patient education plan and formulating a follow-up plan of care.
- Evaluates operations from a workflow perspective and responds appropriately, redesigns per patient needs and competitive benchmarks.
- Leads in the evaluation, development, and implementation of comprehensive patient education programs.
- Maintains knowledge of current practices in the management of psychiatric and behavioral health disorders and complexities.
- Participates in professional organizations and serves as a resource person for patients and staff.
- Accurately maintains electronic medical records, including assessment, treatment plans, progress notes, outcome measures and billing entries in a timely manner.
- Masters of Science in Nursing, with a Psychiatric/Mental Health emphasis from an accredited college or university
- Licensed by the state of Missouri as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- 3+ years of experience as a psychiatric provider
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association (AHA) required. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with electronic health records and database management.
- Ability to work with both adult and youth populations.
- Knowledge-Building/Sharing, Coaching/Empowering, Health System Vision & Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As the largest network of providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
Meritas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.