- Meritas Health
- Allied Health
- Full Time
- Req #: 2456-1294
Meritas Health, a subsidiary of North Kansas City Hospital, is currently seeking Anesthesia Technicians to join our team! You'll be supporting Anesthesiologists and CRNAs to acquire, organize, prepare and maintain all necessary supplies and equipment for the administration of anesthesia. You'll also provide support and assistance in anesthesia specific clinical procedures and inspect all anesthetizing locations.
On a typical day you'll be performing the following job duties:
- Ensures all anesthesia supplies are stocked and reordered; monitors and maintains sufficient inventory in OR suites, anesthesia work rooms and central supply.
- Inspects, troubleshoots and calibrates all anesthesia equipment and works collaboratively to restore malfunctioning equipment.
- Provides support with all types of anesthesia including general, local, epidural, anesthesia and regional blocks.
- Cleans and disinfects anesthesia machines and carts; organizes equipment.
- Consults with vendors on supplies and equipment; coordinates trials of supplies and equipment.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's Degree preferred
- ASATT certification strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as an Anesthesia Technician in a level I or II facility
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of anesthesia, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, pathophysiology and clinical monitoring
- Excellent communications skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple providers
- Flexible work schedule including weekends
As the largest network of healthcare providers in the Northland, we can offer you more opportunities to grow. Here at Meritas, we believe that together, we will become legendary for our commitment to remarkable patient care. If you are looking to better the lives of those in our community, then join our Meritas family, where your voice counts.
EOE; post-offer drug screen